AKC Canine Good Citizen (CGC) Classes, Testing, Certification and Titles!
The AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Program is included in all our Puppy Classes. Visit this page on our website for more information on this Class.
Your Dog can be a Mixed Breed or a Pure Bred and you can participate in all of these Certificate and Title opportunities! Kathy is an approved AKC CGC Evaluator. There are 3 AKC CGC Certificates/Titles:
- CGC: Canine Good Citizen Certificate or Title
- CGCA: Community Canine Title (must have the CGC first)
- CGCU: Canine Good Citizen Urban Title (must have the CGC first)
You can visit the AKC Website for more information on the AKC’s CGC program. There are some prerequisities for titles so please call us or check out the AKC website!
For the CGC… Classes meet for approximately 1 1/2 hours, once a week, on Tuesdays, for 4 weeks (a total of 4 sessions). This class is intended for dogs continuing on from a beginning obedience/manners class. Goals will include but not limited to:
- Preparation for passing the AKC Canine Good Citizen test
- Passing the AKC Advanced Canine Good Citizen (Community Canine) test
- Passing the AKC Canine Good Citizen Urban test
- Helping you to prepare and pass the Therapy Dog Test
- Stand/Stay for Exam from 3-6 feet away, with Teacher briefly petting dog
- Long sits (1 minute sit/stay) and downs (3 minute down/stay) from 30 feet away.
- Loose leash heeling with automatic sits (heel/sit) and for some dogs off-leash heeling!
Class Prerequisites: Classes are for any dog over 6 months old and It is REQUIRED that you have had a beginning basic obedience/manners class or lessons or talk with Kathy to determine if this is the right class for your dog.
Your dog must be well socialized and able to be in a room with other dogs without being stressed. All dogs should be able to do the basic obedience skills: sit, down, come, wait, brief stay, & walk/heel with a loose leash.
Classes fill up FAST! SPACE IS LIMITED. So if you plan to join us, please RSVP ASAP!!!
Vaccinations Requested: DHLP-Parvo, Rabies, Canine Influenza & Bordetella (if you do titer testing please let me know)
You must be logged in to post a comment.